The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme is the flagship entrepreneurship programme of the Tony Elumelu Foundation, founded by the entrepreneur, respected investor and philanthropist Tony O. Elumelu.
Applications are welcome for :
Title: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Foundation Programme 2020
- The TEF Entrepreneurship Programme is open to startup entrepreneurs, with innovative business ideas or businesses that have been in existence for less than 3 years, in any sector, from across Africa. The Programme is the $100 million commitment by African investor and philanthropist, Tony O. Elumelu to empower 10,000 entrepreneurs in 10 years, with the goal of creating millions of jobs and new revenue on the continent. The programme implements Mr Elumelu’s Africapitalism philosophy, which positions the private sector as the catalyst for African economic transformation, and an investment approach that values the creation of both social and economic wealth.
- In commemoration of its 10th year anniversary, the Foundation will announce further enhancements to the Programme, providing additional benefits to Africa’s rapidly growing youth demographic. The changes in the 2020 TEF Entrepreneurship Programme emphasise a personalised entrepreneurship journey for every applicant and opening the platform to ensure a higher number of people trained, amplifying the Programme’s impact and reach. In just five years, the Programme has empowered over 9,000 beneficiaries from all 54 African countries, with training, mentorship and seed funding.
- The goal is to create millions of jobs and the revenue required for the sustainable development of the continent, implementing the philosophy of Africapitalism, which positions the private sector as the growth engine for Africa and emphasises the importance of creating social and economic wealth.
- Successful applicants will join the over 9,000 current beneficiaries, from 54 African countries, and receive business training, mentoring, a non-refundable $5,000 of seed capital and global networking opportunities.
- The programme is open to all citizens and legal residents of any one of the 54 African countries. The proposed business must be registered and operate in Africa.
- Applicants must be 18 years old and must not be considered a minor in their country of residence. There is no upper-limit age restriction.
- The programme is not open to research institutions, faith-based organisations, value-adding trading companies, government contractors and businesses not located in Africa. Businesses must not adversely affect the environment, lives and property. Business ideas must be for-profit and must be the original work of those making the submission.
- All businesses must be business ideas or an early-stage company, in the range of 0 to 3 years old.
Application Closing Date
1st March 2020.
Instruction to Applicants
Read the following carefully:
- This assessment is divided into four (4) sections and would require approximately 60mins to complete. It is recommended that you take the assessment in an environment free of distractions and with optimal concentration.
- Please note that you are to answer all questions and you can only take this assessment once.
- You will also be required to upload a form of ID (international passport, driver’s license, Residency or Citizen’s Card, Voters Card, Tax ID). Please have your chosen form of ID scanned and ready for upload in .pdf, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .gif or .doc format before you begin.
Automatic Disqualification criteria:
- Applicants under 18years of age
- Applicants who have received the TEF seed capital in previous years.
Method of Application
The interested and qualified applicants should Click Here to Start Application: