AB InBev is the world's leading brewer. We produce over 500 beers, including world-famous brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona. Local Africa brands such as Carling Black Label, Hero, Kilimanjaro, 2M, Eagle and we want like-minded, hard-working and passionate people to join our teams in Africa. We are employing to fill the job post of:
Employment Title: Voyager Plant Optimization Manager
Area: Ilesa, Osun
Job Type: Full Time
Lead sustainability of the VPO (Voyager Plant Optimization) pillars within the brewery as measured by global auditing criteria (coordination of sustainability phase from self-assessments to follow up of action plans) Demonstrated understanding of VPO principles:
- Ensures that Africa / Global standards have been implemented in the Plant
- Manage the VPO program via a structured VPO Steerco
- Ensure VPO Pillar Owner compliance
- Develop annual VPO plan and set short term plans to achieve these targets
- Monitor VPO progress across all pillars and provide feedback
Serve as the brewery VPO subject matter expert and provide guidance to brewery Senior Management:
- Primary VPO resource for the plant
- Facilitate the Plant 1-year and 3-year planning process
- Manage MCRS
- Evaluate plant meetings and provide feedback to managers on meeting effectiveness and identify opportunities to improve structure and tool usage
- Actively participate and critique plant daily, weekly and monthly meetings and ensure VPO standards are fully implemented and sustained
- Assist Department Management teams in developing sustainability plans to identify and close gaps
Lead and coach Managers on the correct use of the Management pillar tools and methodologies:
- Conduct monthly Management Pillar department reviews and provide constructive feedback to departments on the current status with recommendations to drive continuous improvement
- Coaches and guides all levels on the VPO Management Pillar in practice
- Ensure implementation of VPO and the adherence to VPO principles across all pillars
- Ensure that where training implementation is undertaken, it is done following AB InBev policies and procedures.
- Interact with management teams to determine training needs.
- Where necessary, develop training material to address the specific needs of shift-based and engineering teams.
Lead, facilitate and coach Problem Solving (5-Why, Ab-reports, PDCA, Gapa, ITF, Belts):
- Conduct problem-solving training
Facilitate problem-solving teams
Review progress and report on the effectiveness of problem-solving
Support brewery achievement of Supply KPI targets and results:
- Verify KPI results tracking for ZEP/WEP programs
- Support KPI training/education at all levels
- Ensure the accurate and timely submission of monthly VPO reporting info.
- Minimum of a B.Sc. / HND in Engineering, Science or related discipline.
- Diploma in Packaging / Brewing (IBD)
- 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment including 3 years experience in implementing supply chain, production or process improvement related initiatives.
- Prior experience in applying varied industrial engineering related improvement techniques
- Project management capabilities to ensure delivery of initiatives from start-up through implementation to entrenchment, using appropriate communication milestones
- Ability to initiate improvement activities within a subsystem which would optimize the larger system in which it resides
- Ability to apply problem-solving skills at all levels (shop-floor to exec teams)
- A good understanding of Change Management Processes Excellent skills and tools transfer capabilities (Train and coach others)
- Astute at reading interplays and subtleties between stakeholder groupings and individuals
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Clear capability and credibility to influence at all level
- Ability to exert influence on technical teams
- Ability to mobilize teams during periods of varied operational stability.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
The interested and qualified applicants should Click Apply for Job now:
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.