Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say and that every employee is integral to our success. Applications are welcome for the job post below :
Employment Title: Student Training in Engineering Program, STEP 2021
Area: Lagos, Nigeria
Other Area: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt; Dubai – United Arab Emirates; Accra, Ghana; Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria; Moscow, Russia; Istanbul, Turkey; Kyiv, Ukraine
About the Job
- Google is invested in increasing the number of future computer scientists and software developers, particularly those who are historically underrepresented in the field. Many aspiring computer scientists could benefit from a program that bridges the gap between academic study and a professional internship.
- The Student Training in Engineering Program (STEP) aims to do just that. The 12-week program offers students the opportunity to work on a software project alongside another STEP intern, with the support of full-time Googlers and a mentor. You will also attend training to enhance your technical and professional skills.
- Participation in the internship program requires that you are located in one of the specific country locations identified for this role for the duration of the internship program. We will discuss and agree with you about what country this will be during the recruitment process.
- Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to address some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real-world challenges.
- Complete a challenging technical project with a team of Googlers and other STEP interns.
- Enhance your coding by using new tools and programming languages.
- Attend training sessions to build your professional skills and to help set you up for success.
- You will be matched with a Google engineer to mentor you throughout the internship.
- Currently in your First or Second year of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Programming experience in either Java, C++ or Python.
- Available for a full-time 12-week internship from 5th July to 24th September 2021.
- Returning to a full-time Bachelor’s degree for a minimum of two years after completing the Summer 2021 internship.
- Experience in programming outside of your university course.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
Application Closing Date
11th December 2020.
- We encourage you to apply as early as possible as we review applications on a rolling basis.
- To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English. Click on the “Apply” button on this page and provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
- In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV or resume
- In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English.
- Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.
- This internship is intended for students in their first or second year of an accredited full-time Degree program in Computer Science or related technical fields, with an anticipated graduation date between 2023 and 2025.
- We especially encourage applications from students in underrepresented in the engineering and tech industry.
- For students graduating in 2021 and 2022, we encourage you to apply to the Software Engineering or Site Reliability Internship.
- By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt; Dubai – United Arab Emirates; Accra, Ghana; Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria; Moscow, Russia; İstanbul, Turkey; Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
How to Apply
The interested and qualified applicants should Click Apply for Job now:
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.