PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) firms help organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 250,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services. In Sub-Saharan Africa, we're the largest provider of professional services with offices in 34 countries and over 9,000 people. We are employing to fill the job post below:
Employment Title: Senior Associate – Financial Services
Reference Number: 125-NIG00209
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead, supervise, mentor, coach and evaluate engagement teams on financial audits of Financial services companies like Banks and Investment companies using International Standards on Auditing (ISA)
- Lead accounting Advisory and other Assurance Engagements.
- Serve as an effective liaison and representative between the firm and the client.
- Work harmoniously and productively within a team; providing necessary supports to superior and motivate less experienced team members to deliver their work in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Exercise sound judgment by making decisions throughout the engagement, including assessment of engagement risks, design and selection of audit procedures necessary to arrive at a desired level of assurance, and evaluation of documentation and audit evidence received.
- Preparation and 1st level review of complex consolidated IFRS financial statements.
- Work with partners and engagement managers regarding project management, including scheduling, staffing and the engagement budget.
- Proactively interact with key client’s management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Demonstrate professional demeanour towards duties and responsibilities, particularly with regard to independence, professional ethics, and the exercise of professional judgment.
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent)
- Must be working in a consulting/Audit firm – with 3 – 5 years professional experience in external audit of organisations in the financial services sector (e.g Banks, insurance companies and pension funds)
- Have deep technical knowledge and understanding of the application of relevant International Financial Reporting Standards
- Demonstrate an understanding of regulatory pronouncements that are applicable to banks, investment companies and other financial services companies
- Focused and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential)
- A passion for delivering an exceptional client service
- Good analytical and organisational abilities
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Effective communication skills when working at all levels
- Possess the ability and maturity to resolve conflicts on engagements
- A demonstrated ability to take responsibility, work autonomously and use initiative, especially when working to tight deadlines
- Ability to perform and deliver on multiple commitments concurrently with ease and professionalism.
Application Closing Date
5th December 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should Click Apply for Job now:
To apply for this job please visit pwc_africa.recruitmentplatform.com.