Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We are hiring to fill the job post below:
Employment Title: Relationship Analyst
Job ID: 20225875
Area: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: Institutional Banking
Job Family: Corporate Banking
Job Background / Context
- The Global Subsidiaries Group serves a select number of the world’s leading multinational companies.
- Our bankers are relationship managers who build and grow our long-term relationship with these clients. They orchestrate the delivery of Citi’s vast global product platform and develop integrated financing strategies, by acting as a primary point of contact with the clients, and by working closely with Citi’s Banking, Capital Markets & Advisory, Risk, Compliance, Treasury & Trade Services and Markets & Securities Services divisions.
- The RA team sits within the Global Subsidiaries Group and assists in managing global relationships with key clients
- The RA would cover corporate clients across different industries, becoming an integral part of the Global Subsidiaries Group team.
- The RA coordinates and addresses a broad range of topics for clients, delivering best services, and handles a significant volume of day-to-day requests/issues from internal functions.
- Build a trusted relationship with internal partners and clients as appropriate, providing support on routine requests, navigate Citi’s extensive network of 100+ countries and coordinate local coverage, controls and product support, problem escalation and resolution, driving customer satisfaction.
- Co-ordinate credit requests from the network and request appropriate approvals from Risk, as such assisting both revenue generation and protection for Citi.
- Understand the Risk Policy in detail and ensure the business is operating within the policy, monitoring of credit and support documentation (e.g. Facility agreements, Support documentation, etc.).
- Administration of new and existing credit limits, collaborating with Risk, Credit Administration, Product and Loan operations teams.
- Respond to ad-hoc client requests in collaboration with bankers.
- Support the annual review process and assist bankers in coordinating relationship reviews.
- Support transaction closings, ensuring facility allocation and booking of commitments.
- Support the negotiation of credit documentation requirements (e.g. Support, Credit, Cash Management, Trade services, FX, etc.).
- Maintain client information database up to date following mergers, acquisitions etc.
- Support due to diligence documentation, processing and approval
- Opportunity to work in a large and complex organization with a demanding customer base and in a challenging and changing business environment.
- Exposure to an open and multicultural working environment.
- Exposure to the full Citi scope of products used by our corporate clients and the opportunity to develop a sound knowledge of Citi’s core product range (Loans, FX, Cash and Trade, etc.).
- Opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of the extensive business Citi does with our corporate client
- Bachelor’s degree / University degree or equivalent experience.
- A postgraduate degree and relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated person to support Bankers.
- Demonstrate the ability to exercise sound judgement and use initiative, but know when to refer, ensuring
- Bankers are able to focus on marketing efforts and revenue generation.
- Knowledge of / experience base in institutional banking is an advantage.
- Minimum 7 years of post-qualification experience, ideally 7-10 years of experience within the banking industry.
- Analytical – Assimilating new information quickly and relating it to the needs of the client base.
- Organizational – Demonstrates strong organizational skills, awareness around the priority of tasks and ability to work independently.
- Communication – Constantly demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Interpersonal skills / Networking – Able to create and sustain good personal contacts within the team and amongst Citi’s network.
- Proactive – Prepared to take the initiative and to follow issues through, whilst exercising judgment as to when to seek assistance. Consistently client-focused and result-oriented.
- Compliance – Ability to convince customers to adhere to high compliance / ethical standards of Citibank for transaction processing in a compliant environment
- Team Player – Being able to work in partnership with other individuals on day-to-day and long-term projects.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
The interested and qualified applicants should Click Apply for Job now:
To apply for this job please visit jobs.citi.com.