TTC commenced operation in 2003 as TTC organization and was later, in 2007, registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as TTC Mobile Limited. We are in the business of manpower development for the telecom industry, via delivery of practical telecom training. We have over 10 years of corporate experience in training delivery. Aside from our regular corporate training for companies, and retail training for fresh graduates, TTC Mobile has successfully deployed various grass-root-oriented training programs We are employing to fill the job post below:
Employment Title: OSP Technician
Department: Engineering, Projects Office
- Effectively supervise out-side-plant projects, namely: High Streets, Estates and BB Extensions into MTU/MDU.
- Comply with all project execution procedure, namely;
- Proper studies of project award documents (Design Plan, BOM, Splice Plan, Link Budget Calculator, and HLDesc) immediately after you receive project assignment order.
- Ensure project kick-off meeting happens more than 48hrs after the project is assigned to you and that contractor SUBMITS program of work immediately after.
- Prepare a project material list and confirm all required project materials is available in the store long before the material is needed on site.
- Escalate unavailable materials to your Team Lead for immediate procurement action.
- Confirm all network backend connections/resources are available and active for link commissioning long before the project reaches the commissioning phase.
- Escalate backend connection issues that may delay link commissioning to your Team Lead for immediate action long before the commissioning phase.
- Distribute notification letters to residents of project location/streets at least a week before project civil works commence.
- Facilitate meeting with Estate Manager & Contractor to agree on work method before Estate civil works commence. Also, ensure Estate Manager notifies residents about the project before civil works start.
- Review the quality of materials supplied to site by the contractor (e.g. PVC, HDPE, GI pipes, e.t.c) and ensure they meet required standards. Reject sub-standard materials and escalate back to your Team Lead.
- Observe the quality of civil and cabling works (handhole, Trench depth, cabling process, splicing and splice management, special surface excavation and replacement, e.t.c) and ensure they meet company standards.
- Stop sub-standard works and escalate back to your Team Lead.
- Effectively monitor projects to ensure contractor compliance with design scope (approved quantity), a program of work (agreed resource/time) and work method (approved quality).
- Team Lead will measure your performance on effective project monitoring by tracking your compliance i. Daily Work SMS submissions, ii. Weekly project update reporting, iii.Attendance in weekly project meetings, iv. Accurate & Timely red-line drawing submission, Accurate & Timely Splice-MST report submission.
- Variations to design and scope plans MUST be escalated back to the office and approved before they are implemented on the site.
- Troubleshoot, Analyze, Identify & Resolve faults that may delay link commissioning.
- Submit Accurate Splice-MST report sheet and Accurate Red line Drawings 48hrs after project completion.
- Actively participate in the audit exercise of completed projects and ensure project snags are cleared before Audit.
- Provide support to the engineering team where necessary and as defined by the Head of Projects or your Team Lead.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI):
- Project Delivery & Quality Assurance: Contractor compliance with work scope, work plan and work method.
- Reporting: Timely submission of reports (Daily work SMS, Weekly project updates, Splice-MST sheets, Quality Checklist, Red Line Drawings).
- Documentation: i. Accuracy of Splice-MST Sheets. ii. Accuracy of Red Line Drawings.
- Problem Solving: i. Effective problem-solving skills, ii. Ability to manage & resolve challenges on the site e.g. access issue, fibre and MST connection issues, negotiation skills with construction
companies/local communities/”area boys”/regulatory authorities/other service operators (PHCN, PTOs, Waterboard, Gas Companies, e.t.c.).
- B.Sc in Politic, B.Sc. or HND in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Physics, Project Management, Applied Sciences/ any other related discipline.
- Over 2 Years of OSP Supervision Experience.
- Knowledge of major fibre routes across Nigeria, especially in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt Metro.
Skills Knowledge Personal Attributes:
- Proficient use of fibre test tools e.g. OTDR, power meter & Light source, VFL.
- Proficient in the use of design software e.g. AutoCAD
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Projects and email application.
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written & Oral).
- Certifications in Fibre Optic Cabling, CCNA and A+ will be an added advantage.
- Certifications in HSE Grade III will be an added advantage.
- Over 2 years of sound OSP Supervision experience in a Telecoms firm.
- Understanding of fibre terminologies, fibre cable management, and fibre link power budgeting.
- Understanding of FTTH architecture and PON/GPON Networks.
- Understanding and accurate interpretation of Design drawing and As-Built drawings for fibre networks.
- A Goal getter and a team player.
- Able to work under pressure & meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Excellent people skills and street smart.
- Open to learning and willingness to share knowledge & experience with team members.
- Able to manage/supervise fibre civil works, reduce tension on-site and motivate labourers/contractor personnel to accomplish assigned
Neat, articulate and respectful.
- Directly Reports to Team Lead, Projects and Head of Projects.
- Directly Supervises: Project Contractor
- Status: Outsourced
- Work Schedule: 8-5
- Travel Requirements: Occasional
- Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
The interested and qualified applicant should send their CV via email: Stating the “Employment Title and location” as well as the subject f the mail. Click Apply for Job now:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com