West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) is one of the first greenfield container terminals to be built in Nigeria under a public-private partnership. WACT is located in Onne port (some 30kms from Port-Harcourt) in Rivers State. We run a profitable business that has been made possible through top-quality services, cordial business relations with customers, regular interaction with stakeholders, human resource development, modern handling equipment and superior e-commerce capabilities. We are employing to fill the job post below:
Employment Title: Operations Lead
Area: Onne, Rivers
Job Type: Short Term Assignment
- Overseeing the functions of the operations department
- Planning and execution experience to run day to day business
- OPS representation in project team when civil works start
- Coordinating activities between existing business and project needs so that we have a minimum impact on running a business
Support to Technical team
- Support in problem-solving / WOW activities and stakeholder management
- Ensures compliance with HSSE policies & procedures.
We are looking for
- The ideal candidate for the Short-Term Assignment should have a minimum of University Degree in Logistics, Maritime and Port, or Process / Industrial Engineering.
- Completed Postgraduate studies in Port and/or Terminal Management, or related business studies is desirable.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in operations management roles in terminals.
- Solid understanding of the container shipping industry end-to-end and an ability to relate with the shipping company and other associated industry managers.
- Experience of RTG, MHC deployment and operations is a must to support terminal upgrade.
- Experience of project implementation in a brownfield project would be an advantage.
- Experience in cost and productivity Optimization through process optimization, as well as design and implementation of new operating procedures.
- Extensive understanding of modern terminal operations and terminal management systems
- Ability to meet objectives while promoting a team environment and developing people.
- Extensive knowledge of APM Terminals Operating System
- Fluent in English and local language (where applicable).
- Experience in finance-related matters, setting budgets and reporting against financial objectives.
Application Closing Date
21st September 2020.
How to Apply
The interested and qualified applicants should Click Apply for Job now:
To apply for this job please visit jobsearch.maersk.com.