Proten International is an international Human Capital Development firm that offers a wide range of Training, Coaching and Consulting services to individuals, small businesses and corporate and governmental organisations. Our client base spreads across Europe and Africa with head offices in London, United Kingdom and Lagos, Nigeria. We are employing to fill the job post below:
Employment Title: General Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: CEO Grade level: 03B
Supervisor: Accountant, Procurement Manager, HR Manager, IT Manager, and, Operations & Logistics Manager.
- Responsible for the day-to-day efficient and effective running of the company.
- Planning and directing the accounting, procurement, HR, IT and operations & logistics functions.
- Driving the implementation and take-up of new processes, policies, methodologies and ultimately new ways of working and culture.
- Leading the company’s long-term organisational strategy and planning.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial planning, management and reporting, including ensuring that financial records are accurate, up-to-date and available in a timely manner.
- Developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements and legal compliance.
- Monitoring and controlling budgets for contracts, equipment, and supplies.
- The development of RFPs, bids, contracts, agreements and negotiations for the procurement of agency goods and services.
- Ensuring a proper vendor management system is in place and in use.
- Reviewing and approving the procurement and payment of invoices.
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and contributing information, analysis, policies, procedures, methods, guidelines and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; and, establishing HR objectives in line with corporate goals.
- Developing HR financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; establishing department accountabilities; measuring and analysing results; initiating corrective actions; minimising the impact of variances.
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Directing the provision of administration services across the business, including but not limited to, maintaining efficient and accurate records both online and offline; clerical and admin support to the different departments; online research; offline filing, cataloguing and retrieval; and, efficient office and admin systems.
- Directing the professional and efficient management of the operations, logistics and inventory of the company and its Rent A Rig division.
- Facilities and inventory planning and allocation; maintenance, repairs and replacement; and management of operations services provided by third parties.
- Responsibility for the IT infrastructure for the company, including the planning and budgeting; vendor management and resourcing; implementation of the necessary tools and services (for instance, software and hardware installations; systems administration and general computer support; server/s; upgrades; software license management; network and printer support; security measures and a disaster recovery plan; and, general helpdesk functions for the company operations).
- Driving the company’s paperless office and digital-first goals and agenda; enforcing best practice measures across the company’s projects, processes, functions and operations; and, ensuring preparedness for compliance audits.
- Analysing current processes, recommending and implementing procedural or policy changes to improve cross-company operations and save costs.
- On-going organisational planning and strategic business consultancy.
- Management of, and, providing leadership, motivation, direction, support and training, to and for, direct reports.
- Constantly communicating with all stakeholders to keep them updated, including attending meetings and preparing regular reports.
- Undertaking any necessary duties to ensure a first-class service is provided always.
- Being an ambassador for the business always.
Qualifications, Competency & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Public Administration.
- Microsoft Office, fiscal (budget and accounting), project management, analytical/problem solving and negotiation skills.
- A minimum of 12 years related experience, including supervisory experience.
- Experienced Microsoft Office user, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experienced database, financial and warehousing software user.
- Competent Internet, email and Google applications user.
Candidate Abilities & Personality Profile:
- An organised and assertive individual who is proactive, creative, and resourceful.
- An outstanding team player and a self-starter, able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Great at staying calm and diplomatic under intense pressure.
- Able to manage own time and prioritise work to ensure deadlines are met and target achieved and take personal responsibility for own work and actions.
- Works well within a secure and confidential environment, maintain confidentiality and demonstrate tact and diplomacy always.
- Uses own initiative and capable of making simple, as well as business-critical decisions, when necessary, and, respond well to challenges.
- Clear verbal communicator with an excellent telephone manner.
- Able to work accurately with excellent attention to detail always.
- Ability to liaise with staff at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Able to develop excellent working relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and a professional manner and approach always, including an equable temperament and tone, and neat appearance.
Key Performance Indicators:
- The efficiency of the company’s tax and financial records.
- Effectiveness of financial strategy and planning.
- Comparative costs savings achieved per cost line, project and quarter.
- Internal customer satisfaction.
- Staff performance and turnover levels.
- Internal process quality and efficiency and profitability of operations.
- Decreasing levels of network failure, loss of connectivity and other IT downtime.
- The comprehension and adoption of changes and a new culture by all employees.
- Efficiency and effectiveness of the company’s administration.
- Quality of work: at a world-class standard that surpasses the wow factor.
Application Closing Date
10th December 2020.
How to Apply
The interested and qualified applicant should send their Applications via email: using the “Employment Title” as a subject of the email. Click Apply for Job now:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org