FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve - improving lives for millions. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Requisition No: 2019201448
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Project Director
- The Finance Manager is a senior member of the EpiC staff in Nigeria and will provide financial oversight to the EpiC Nigeria project.
- The primary responsibility of the Finance Manager is to manage and monitor all project finances, including preparing and monitoring budgets, expenditures, manage procurement and support other logistical and administrative functions.
- This position will also work in collaboration with the EpiC Senior Program Officer, technical staff and FHI 360 Nigeria country office staff to develop, manage and monitor sub-awards with local partners in compliance with all applicable FHI 360, PEPFAR and USAID rules and regulations. This position will be based in the FHI 360 office in Abuja and will report to the EpiC Nigeria Project Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and review the work plan and other budgets for EpiC Nigeria;
- Prepare all financial reports for EpiC Nigeria;
- Track and monitor project expenditures against budget; including preparing monthly pipeline analyses for HQ EpiC team;
- Manage EpiC Nigeria charge codes and chart of accounts;
- Manage EpiC Nigeria sub-recipients, including conducting pre-award assessments, reviewing monthly financial reports, coordinating reimbursements, posting approved expenditures, develop and managing subaward monitoring plans and conducting site visits to build financial management capacity and ensure compliance;
- Coordinate PEPFAR expenditure analysis exercise on an annual basis;
- Develop EpiC Nigeria procurement plan and oversee proper procurement procedures for supplies and equipment;
- Support and coordinate other operations activities including travel, logistics, other administrative tasks;
- Coordinate with country office HR for all HR-related matters for project staff;
- Regularly review the status of project funds and prepares monthly cash requests;
- Post data into financial systems, ensuring that financial information is processed accurately and generates timely and reliable reports;
- Provide support as needed on bank reconciliations; and
- Conducts training for non-finance project staff as well as sub-recipient staff on financial and grants management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 7-9 years of experience with international development programs.
- Or MS/MA degree in public Accounting, Finance, business administration, or its recognized equivalent with 5 – 7 years relevant experience with international development programs.
- Experience with donor-funded projects, particularly USAID and/or PEPFAR; and experience working in an international NGO environment desirable;
- Ability to work both independently and in teams, within a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices. Budget monitoring and general ledger skills.
- Relevant software skills including automated accounting software, database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements. Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs) in Nigeria is highly desirable. Cultural sensitivity and a sound understanding of the needs of KPs especially FSW, MSM, PWID, Transgender persons and prisoners.
- Ability to respond to inquiries independently and follow-up on requests in an efficient manner. With minimal supervision, manage a high volume of workflow efficiently. Ability to handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data as well as experience with computer spreadsheets.
- Ability to interpret financial information and reports Ability to work collaboratively, productively and sensitively within a multidiscipline, multicultural and multigender environment.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision. A high degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication. Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness centre
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Application Closing Date
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.