Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in the fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott. We are employing to fill the job post below:
Employment Title: Assistant Director – Engineering
Job Number: 20058186
Area: Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: Engineering and Facilities
Brand: Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type: Management
- Assists department head in managing budget, capital expenditures, preventative maintenance and energy conservation.
- Accountable for maintaining the building and grounds with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection.
- Assigns, tracks and follows up on the status of work assigned to staff and contractors.
- Helps increase guest and employee satisfaction through effective communications and training.
Core Work Activities
Supporting the management of Department Operations and Engineering Budgets:
- Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
- Helps establish priorities for total property maintenance needs.
- Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering.
- Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
- Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
- Supervises distribution of repair work orders.
- Assists in maintaining grounds, meeting rooms, ballrooms, public space, restaurants, property vehicles and recreational facilities as needed.
- Acts as technical liaison for all departments in property.
- Supervises Engineering in the absence of the Director of Engineering.
- Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
- Selects and makes purchases of new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
- Manages parts, supplies and equipment inventories effectively by minimizing downtime and maximizing cash flow.
- Performs inspections effectively.
- Assists in evaluating and implementing new technologies, equipment and supplies.
- Assists in establishing and implementing an energy conservation program.
Maintaining Engineering Standards:
- Helps ensure necessary permits and licenses for building and physical plant are obtained and kept current.
- Helps ensure regulatory compliance with facility regulations and safety standards.
- Ensures compliance with all Engineering departmental policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service:
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
Conducting Human Resources Activities:
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Helps train employees in safety procedures.
- Assists in training other department employees in fire protection, safety and evacuation procedures.
- Provides feedback to employees based on the observation of service behaviours.
- Assists in performing operational activities as necessary.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
The interested and qualified applicants should Click Apply for Job now:
To apply for this job please visit jobs.marriott.com.