Pfizer - Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world cannot wait. That's why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to provide access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them. We are employing to fill the job post below:
Employment Title: AfME Cluster 3 Finance Operations Lead
Job Code: 4795679
Area: South Africa (Sandton), Kenya (Nairobi), and Nigeria (Lagos)
Job type: Full time
- Pfizer’s Global Business Services (GBS) Financial Services organization delivers best-in-class accounting, finance and compliance operations globally for the Pfizer enterprise. The GBS Financial Services organization is a high performing team comprised of more than 1600 colleagues located in multiple hubs around the world.
- Its industry-leading value proposition is to centralize, standardize and optimize complex processes and to deliver quality service at a reasonable cost with a compliance mindset.
- The scope of services provided by GBS Financial Services includes Record to Report processes: US Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Statutory Reporting, Financial Reporting, the Intercompany Center of Excellence (CoE), Financial Master Data Governance, Risk Management / Compliance, Capital CoE, Inventory CoE and Balance Sheet CoE; Transaction Processing in Invoice to Pay, Indirect Tax, Order to Cash, Credit Risk and Gross to Net, Manufacturing Finance support; Operational Transfer Pricing CoE; GFS Treasury Operations CoE, and MAPP Administration CoE.
- The AfME Cluster 3 Finance Operations Lead has cluster responsibility across Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa markets.
- The role is accountable for ensuring local Country Management strategies and planning are in alignment with statutory, legal, regulatory and jurisdictional guidance, for a cluster of markets.
- The Cluster Finance Operations Lead will also typically have a dual responsibility, ie providing oversight for the cluster as well as serving as the Finance Market Operations Lead for the certain market(s) within their cluster, in this case also acting as the Market Finance Operations Lead for South Africa.
- The Cluster Finance Operations Lead together with Business Finance provides Finance Leadership for the cluster of markets, to ensure Pfizer’s continued operations.
- The Cluster Finance Operations Lead oversees financial matters with respect to the Legal Entities for all markets in the cluster and generally has direct accountability for the market in which the role is based.
- The Cluster Finance Operations Lead may also either be part of the local market LE board of directors for the market or would prepare recommendations for the local market board of directors.
- The role acts as the primary “in-market” liaison and single point of escalation for any financial operational issues between the Country Manager, Business Finance and the GBS organization, and advises country management on the proper statutory financial treatment for market-specific strategies and plans.
- This role requires extensive collaboration with Business Finance and Country Management as well as GBS Statutory CoE and the Regional and Global GBS sites and COE leaderships to ensure the integrity of Pfizer market financial data.
- The scope for this role includes all role responsibilities for the Market Finance Operations Lead for the market in which the role is based as well as oversight for the Market Finance Operations Leads that support the markets in the Cluster.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
The interested and qualified applicants should Click Apply for Job now:
To apply for this job please visit pfizer.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.