Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre (PLAC) – Founded in 2009, PLAC is an independent, non-partisan, non-profit capacity-building organisation that works to strengthen democratic governance and citizens’ participation in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Legislative Internship Programme
Location: Abuja, FCT
Duration of Internship: September – December 2019
- Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre (PLAC) is implementing a 10-week long legislative internship programme with support from the European Union (EU) for young Nigerians who wish to gain knowledge of legislative practices and processes.
- At least, a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Completed NYSC
- Good writing and speaking skills
- Good computer skills (Microsoft office packages)
- Aged between 18 and 35 years.
- PLAC will support interns with weekly stipends to cover transportation costs within Abuja and lunch for the duration.
- Other logistics expenses will be borne by the intern. It is advised that prospective interns reside in Abuja or bear the cost of residing in Abuja throughout the duration of the internship, as PLAC will not provide accommodation for interns.
Application Closing Date
Thursday; 29th August, 2019.
- The Statement of Purpose should be sent as an in-line text on the body of the email and NOT sent as an attachment
- Applications received after the above date will not be entertained.
- The internship provides for equal opportunity participation. All persons from across Nigeria are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a two-page Resume or Curriculum Vitae in MS-word format, saved in your name and a 300-word, “Statement of Interest” indicating the importance of your participation in this programme to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.